ENCOUNTER Alaska's ULTIMATE ........(under construction)
A large group, or just a few: explore deeper into Alaska's dynamic frontier. Visit Alaska's ultimate attractions, with exciting experiences for all ages and interests. Go deeper, stay longer & experience more!!
Get out and enjoy your vacation the way it was meant to be experienced -- in nature! Authentic Alaska Tour's single-day tours offer Alaska's ultimate experiences. Flightseeing, glacier cruises & trekking, whale watching, fishing, zip-line, jet boat tours, white water rafting or scenic floats and more!!
Palmer is centrally located to Alaska’s top attractions for either half or full day trips in our region. There is a wide variety of shopping, dining opportunities, museums and cultural centers, and attractions close by. Majestic mountains encompass this region with mapped & marked hiking trails ranging from mild to extreme for half day or full day climbs or by horse back.
Choose your half day adventures close by:
* City of Wasilla (home of Sarah Palin and the Iditarod) 10 min. away
* Mantanuska Glacier - less than an hour drive
* Knik Glacier - 20 min away to take ATV or jet boat tours
* Raft trips - scenic float trips or white water rafting -30 min. away.
* The Musk Ox Farm - 15 min. away
* Reindeer Farm - 20 min. away
* Historic Independence Mine/Hatchers Pass- 25 min. away
* Iditarod Trail Headquarters -15 min. away.
* Anchorage - 30 min. away - museums, cultural centers, attractions, shopping.
Drive or catch the Alaska Railroad north or south for full day adventures:
• South to Seward or Whittier (2.5 hrs. by car).
Amazing glacier cruises and fishing excursions. This is the most scenic
stretch of rail and road system in the whole state with plenty of wild life
along the way.
• North to Talkeetna (1.5 hrs. by car).
Experience rustic Alaska in this historic artsy community the Northern Exposure
TV series was modeled after. Famous for stunning views of Mt. McKinley.
Adventure awaits: scenic flights, jet boat & raft tours, great fishing and more!
Enjoy the art galleries, shopping, & live theater and musical entertainment
• North to Denali Park (3.5 to 4 hrs. by car).
Stay a night or two for bus tour into the park & white water rafting.
Go deeper, stay longer experience raw-wild Alaska!